We are looking to recruit a new permanent member to our Electronics Design and R&D department.
• Develop tests to determine the most suitable solution to an engineering problem, within constraints provided by a brief and the available options, and produce reports to justify the resulting recommendations.
• Design and manufacture prototypes that will act as proof of principle demonstrators for new concepts.
• Analyse and investigate any returned parts and advise the other test technicians in doing the same.
• Provide electrical/electronic technical assistance to the R&D department and other areas of the business where appropriate.
• Manufacture test fixtures, production equipment and test rigs.
• Create work instructions, user manuals and related documentation for company products and check the work of the other test technicians in these areas.
• Write test specifications based on a product specification and perform tests of products, writing up tests so that the report could be shown to a customer.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Testing of electronic systems
• Report writing
• Producing basic electronic schematics or PCB layouts
• Fault finding
• Reading circuit diagrams
• Testing software and hardware
• Communication skills: able to read and write technical documentation and to interface directly with clients
• Writing test specifications based on a given functional / hardware specification.
• Ability to write some software
• Soldering of surface mount components
• First builds of new products
Closing date for applications: Thursday 31st March 2016
Letters of application or CVs detailing experience and salary expectations should be sent through to email@example.com