The bf1systems gear lever uses load cell technology for gear change strategy.
Many designs already exist, and have been used within several categories including IndyCar, sports cars and Moto GP. bf1systems can adapt a system to suit any installation requirement using the in house design team.
Customer supplied mechanical parts can also be instrumented.
Strain gauges are bonded to the part and connected to our own in house high precision amplifier circuit. The part is then calibrated and can be used for input into the vehicles logging systems to assist with gear change strategy development.
The amplifier gain and offset voltage can be either selected from our standard range or alternatively a custom amplifier for a particular installation can be supplied. The gain accuracy of the custom amplifiers can be trimmed to 0.1% (please consult b1systems for more information on custom options). The amplifier can be supplied with any of the micro connector range, please specify at the time of ordering.
- 7 – 18 Volt supply range
- Supply current <30mA
- High level 0 – 5V output, no requirement for additional strain gauge amplifiers
- Combined non-linearity, hysteresis and repeatability <0.3% FSO
- Thermal zero shift over compensated range 0.1% FSO
- Thermal sensitivity shift over compensated range 0.2% FSO
- Compensated temperature range
20°C to 125°C
- Operating temperature range
0°C to 125°C
- Sealed to IP65