This is a newly created post to support our mechanical design and project teams with the design and development of our new product range.
Your responsibilities will include:
- designing and developing products from concept to operation including system definition, specification prototyping and validation as well as drawing creation using Catia V5;
- creating DFMEA’s and involvement in PFMEA’s;
- ensuring products meet specification, function, design, and business performance requirements in accordance with recognised industry standards, safety and legislation;
- ensuring designs meet customer specifications including the aesthetic and technical requirements;
- undertaking design activities of structural components including metal, plastics and composite using Catia V5;
- performing fundamental engineering calculations [including stress and stiffness] to substantiate the design of the product using Hyperworks or similar products.
- BEng or BSc Mechanical Engineering degree educated with proven experience of performing a design & development role;
- Proven experience of working in a small design engineering team overseeing the design and development of composite parts;
- Previous experience of working with composite materials and manufacturing processes;
- Experience of working as part of a cross functional project team delivering designs into production
- Strong CATIA CAD skills with good analytical capability
- Understanding of drawing and documentation configuration management;
- Ability to work to DFM and DFC processes.
To apply send your CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 26 March 2021.