Due to increased demand in our products we have an exciting new vacancy for an Application Engineer to work within the Technical Sales Support team and help drive demand and delivery of our solutions.
You will have gained your knowledge and experience in an applications engineering environment. You will be an excellent communicator with a customer orientated and commercial mind-set together with being a strong team player. A sound analytical, planning and organisational skills with a focus on achieving outcomes is essential for success in this role.
Technically you will have an extensive working knowledge of motorsport/automotive vehicle architecture, including data acquisition systems, engine/vehicle control systems, telemetry systems and power management systems together with knowledge of most common automotive communications protocols and architecture such as CAN Bus, LIN and related systems as well as Ethernet, TCP/IP and related systems
You will be responsible for:
- working with new and existing customers to understand their system requirements;
- developing solutions for customers and assisting in the presentation of these to customers/ senior management;
- implementing solutions for customers and taking responsibility for delivering the complete solution, including documenting, testing and delivering these to the customer;
- helping develop presentations and proposals to existing and prospective clients;
- assisting with marketing and technology research including feedback on competitive products;
- assisting with new product development planning and product launches to key customers’;
- interpreting feedback from customers on existing products and feedback to bf1 team.