For over 21 years bf1systems has been at the forefront of technology in motorsport, and has taken that knowledge and applied it into the automotive, sport and aerospace markets. The markets we operate in are constantly changing, and we frequently have openings within the business. Below you can find listed our current vacancies. Now is an exciting time to join a growing thriving business in Norfolk.
Due to our expansion we are recruiting three exciting technical positions.
Composite Design Engineer
The successful candidate will have relevant experience, ideally within the automotive or motorsport sector, and will be capable of translating complex product designs into world class, cost effective products, utilising industry leading manufacturing, assembly and repair processes.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
Carry out design, investigation and concept engineering work;
- Design structural components including metal, plastic and composites using relevant software packages including Catia V5;
- Produce drawings, models, assembly models, bills of material and engineering change notes for your projects;
- Ensure your designs meet customer specifications especially aesthetic and technical requirements;
- Ensure projects are kept on track to deadlines
Experience required for role:
- Ideally HND or degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience in motorsport or automotive components industry
- Previous experience within a composite design and manufacturing environment is desirable
- Ability to work to DFM and DFC process standards
- Commercial experience of CATIA V5 is essential
- Good communication, organisational and project management skills
- The capability to work to very tight timelines
You will be responsible for producing drawings, test plans, calibration routines etc., for strain gauge based sensors as well as designing strain gauge installations. You will work with our customers to produce product specifications, costings and quotes to meet their needs.
In addition you will design and specify test equipment, build methods and trial new components for new projects as well as providing technical support and expertise to the department.
- Ideally you will possess an HND, BEng or BSc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proven previous experience of designing strain gauge installations or Loadcells will be advantageous.
- Ability to achieve design/project objective, create reports and Codes of Practice all to a high standards is essential.
- You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to provide technical support and expertise to our Technicians.
- Experience of working as part of a cross functional project team to deliver designs into production and of CATIA V5 or other 3D CAD packages is desirable.
You will work with the Technical Engineer to produce drawings, bills of materials and supporting documentation for strain gauge based sensors as well as undertaking create calibration and test routines.
No formal experience is necessary but the ability to produce 2D drawings from supplied information is an advantage. You will have experience using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office package. The ability to follow written and verbal instructions and remain calm under pressure and working to tight deadlines is essential.
How to apply?
To apply for any of these roles please send a CV and covering letter together with current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01379 646200 for more information.
Closing date: Friday 23 June 2017.