For over 21 years bf1systems has been at the forefront of technology in motorsport, and has taken that knowledge and applied it into the automotive , sport and aerospace markets. The markets we operate in are constantly changing, and we frequently have openings within the business. Below you can find listed any current vacancies.
bf1systems is experiencing an exciting period of growth with major players in the automotive and motorsport industries and to grow the business further we have created the following brand new positions.
If you are passionate about motorsport and IT why not join our leading edge team and develop your career with bf1systems?
As an experienced Software Manager you will lead our PC and embedded software teams. You will have be a confident leader with the ability to motivate, engage and develop your team contributing to the department and company’s goals. You will be a proven project manager who works closely with your team and customers to ensure delivery within agreed timescales.
Qualifications / Experience
Technically you will be experienced in desktop application development using C#, embedded software development using C/C++ in environments such as FreeRTOS with practical knowledge of defect tracking systems, revision control, continuous integration and automated test systems.
Ideally you will have a background in the automotive or motorsport sector involved in hardware design or interfacing, web or cloud based development and exposure to automotive or safety related standards such as MISRA.
You will be responsible for:
- overall development of tyre pressure monitoring systems and management software including design, implementation and test software routines for use in bf1systems products;
- ensuring software programs are written and tested to a standard appropriate for the end customer;
- working closely with other functions to ensure successful delivery of projects to customer specifications and deadlines.
ICT SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Our ICT team provide essential first line support to all our staff ensuring an effective and customer focused helpdesk service.
- Assist in-house users on all aspects of IT Support.
- Assist with administering computers, printers, servers, software.
- IT projects through to implementation.
- Website / Intranet Maintenance.
Qualifications / Experience
- Microsoft Operating systems (Windows 7, 8, 10).
- Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of desktop and servers.
- Knowledge of diagnosing problems with PC hardware.
Ideally you will have experience in a similar 1st line support role however a passion for IT and technology and the ability to communicate effectively, meet deadlines and resolve problems is just as essential as training will be given.
For both roles we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with the opportunity to work within a growing company recognised for its diverse engineering and electronic expertise.
How to Apply?
Please forward your CV and covering letter including current salary details to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 17 February 2017