For over 21 years bf1systems has been at the forefront of technology in motorsport, and has taken that knowledge and applied it into the automotive, sport and aerospace markets. The markets we operate in are constantly changing, and we frequently have openings within the business. Below you can find listed our current vacancies. Now is an exciting time to join a growing thriving business in Norfolk.
Apprentice/Trainee Electronics Production Technician
We are looking to recruit a motivated technically minded individual who has an enthusiasm for electronics and who can work as part of a team in a customer driven environment.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Manufacture products to documented procedures
- Construct, and test measurement products to drawings, procedures and specifications using test equipment, soldering processes, potting machine and laser engraver. For example, Tyre pressure sensors and antennas.
- Operate good housekeeping with regard to all production documentation, in particular Test Databases and Works Order Line Inspections
Experience required for role:
- Good practical skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
- The capability to work to very tight timelines
- Flexible attitude to working hours to ensure our customers’ requirements are met
- Confidence to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- A logical quality minded approach to achieve a high level of productivity
Apprentice/Trainee Harness Technician
Due to continued success and growth within our motorsport wiring division, we are currently looking to recruit Trainee Wiring Harness Technicians to join our manufacturing team.
You will be trained to manufacture complex electrical wiring harnesses to the highest possible standards for a variety of motorsport applications including Formula 1, Indy Car, MotoGP, WRC, NASCAR, Sports Cars and many other formulae.
Training and Key Responsibilities
Full training will be provided in the following areas:
- Interpretation of complex electrical circuit drawings
- Manufacture of system 25 wiring assemblies (industry standard)
- Contra helically laid wiring
- Use of heat shrink moulded parts and tubing
- Splicing (joining) of wires
- Termination of connectors (stripping and crimping of wires, insertion into Mil-Spec / Autosport connectors)
- Use of various specialist hand tools – heat guns, crimp tools, electrical testers
- ESD (Electrostatic discharge) precautions and best practice
Qualifications / Experience
- You will be a highly motivated with the ability to work as part of a team in a customer driven environment.
- You will have a keen eye for detail with excellent practical manual dexterity skills
- You should be flexible to work extended hours in order to meet our customer’s requirements.
The apprenticeship route will require you to complete a formal nationally recognised qualification to Intermediate or Advanced Level [Level 2/3] most of which will be completed in the workplace but will require completion of course work in your own time and/or attendance outside of normal hours of work.
The company operates an annualised hours scheme, with contracted hours of between 2316 – 2416 hours per year (including paid rest breaks). Starting salaries will be dependent on age and relevant experience.
The closing date for all roles is Friday 26 May 2017.
To apply for any of our roles please send a CV and covering letter together with current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org